Sorry for the delay in getting a new recipe out! I've been pretty busy and promise to do better! This one I adapted from a recipe I found in Cooking Light Magazine. It can be served with rice or krusty bread. If you are allergic to shrimp, you can always substitute boneless skinless chicken breast cut into chunks. The picture for the recipe shows white cannelini beans because I didn't have any kidney beans, but normally I use the kidney beans!
Creole Shrimp & Sausage Stew
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 pkg (about 6-7 oz) thinly sliced turkey smoked sausage
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
1 1/2 tbsp creole seasoning (like Emeril's Essence or Tony Chachere's)
2 tbsp hot sauce
1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 (14.5 oz) can no salt-added diced tomatoes undrained
1 pkg (10 oz) chopped frozen spinach
2 c. frozen whole kernel corn
8 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp
1 (15 oz) can reduced sodium kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1. Heat a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan; swirl to coat.
2. Add bell pepper, onion, sausage, and garlic to pan; Saute 3 minutes or until the bell pepper and onion are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Add creole seasoning and hot sauce and saute an additional 1 minute.
4. Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
5. Stir in frozen spinach and corn and return to a boil
6. Stir in shrimp and beans; Cover, reduce heat and simmer 6 minutes or until shrimp are done.
Yield: 4 servings